TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – Yemen’s Army Spokesman Brigadier General Sharaf Luqman deplored the Riyadh-led coalition’s war on the Arabian Peninsula country and pledged that Yemeni forces’ operations would continue as long as the Saudi aggression persists.

Yemeni troops’ military operations are underway in Saudi Arabia’s southwestern provinces of Jizan and Najran in line with Yemen’s strategic goals to prevent the enemy from reaching its objectives and cut off its supply routes, the spokesman said on Saturday.  

He further emphasized that heavy casualties have been inflicted on the Saudi forces in the operations launched a day earlier, the Arabic-language al-Masirah TV reported.

The missile attacks on vital areas of the enemy have been fierce and deterrent, the commander said, adding that the operations will not cease until the Saudi aggression ends.

The remarks came after the forces of the Yemeni army and Popular Committees managed to capture several Saudi military bases in Jizan and Najran, killing and injuring dozens of Saudi forces.

The attacks were carried out in retaliation for the regime's ongoing airstrikes targeting Yemeni civilians.

Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition led by the Saudi regime for more than two years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been launching deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to the fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

More than 12,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the Saudi onslaught on the Arabian Peninsula country.