TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – Yemeni Armed Forces Spokesman Brigadier General Sharaf Qaleb Luqman condemned Saturday’s deadly airstrikes by Saudi warplanes against civilians in Sana’a, pledging that the Arabian Peninsula country will respond by conducting unprecedented attacks.

“After the recent attack by Saudi Arabia on a funeral ceremony in Sana’a, our reaction would not be like in the past,” Brigadier General Luqman said, according to the Arabic-language al-Masirah news website.

In remarks earlier on Saturday, Mohammad Abdul-Salam, the spokesman for the Yemeni Ansarullah movement, had said that a “proper response” will be given to the Saudi crime.

At least nine airstrikes were conducted by Saudi jets on Khamis street in southern Sana’a. The building where the event was underway was seriously damaged in the attacks.

Nearly 150 people have been killed and at least 534 others injured but the number of casualties is likely to rise.

The funeral was for the father of Jalal al-Roweishan, the interior minister in the Yemeni government.

Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition led by the Saudi regime for more than 18 months but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been launching deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to the fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

Nearly 10,000 Yemenis, including 4,000 women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.