TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – Yemen’s army and Popular Committees targeted gatherings of Saudi troops in Jizan in southern Saudi Arabia with a homegrown ballistic missile dubbed “Qaher M2” in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians by the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen, sources said.
The missile command of the Yemeni army fired the ballistic missiles at Saudi positions south of al-Mosem in Jizan province, a military source said on Saturday, Lebanon-based Arabic-language al-Mayadeen news network reported.
Another source told al-Masirah that a number of Sundanese mercenaries who were present at the base were killed and injured in the missile strike.
The al-Mosem military base had been hit by a similar Yemeni missile attack on Friday.
The attacks against the Saudi forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by the Riyadh regime.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than two years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Over 12,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.