TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – The leader of Yemen's Houthi Ansarullah movement, Abdul-Malik al-Houthi, condemned recent US attacks against three coastal radar sites of the war-hit country, saying the attacks are part of Washington’s plot to invade Yemen’s western Hudaydah province.
The attacks on the coastal radar sites is a crime committed by the US which is aimed at preparing the ground for the US invasion of Hudaydah, Houthi said in statement on the occasion of Yemen’ s Liberation Day which falls on Friday, October 14.
“The US is trying to target Hudaydah so that the people of Yemen suffer more pain and difficulties,” he noted.
However, the Houthi leader said, the Yemeni nation will fulfill its duty to defend its territory, freedom and independence and has the right to use any legitimate means against this “brutal invasion”.
He made the comments on the anniversary of the onset of an armed struggle on October 14, 1963, which forced Britain into withdrawal from southern Yemen.
The US military launched cruise missile strikes on Thursday to knock out three coastal radar sites in areas of Yemen controlled by Houthi forces, according to media reports.
The attacks, authorized by US President Barack Obama, represent Washington's first direct military action in support of the Saudi war on Yemen.
The developments came as Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by a coalition led by the Saudi regime for more than 18 months but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been launching deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to the fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Nearly 10,000 Yemenis, including 4,000 women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.