TEHRAN (Press Shia) – Spokesperson for Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah Movement said Yemeni forces will keep launching missile attacks on Saudi Arabia as long as the Saudi-led military aggression against the Yemeni nation continues.

In comments quoted by Al-Manar TV, Mohammed Abdulsalam lashed out at the White House for siding with the Riyadh regime against Yemen.

The spokesperson then made it clear that the Yemeni army and popular committees will continue to launch missile attacks against the positions of the invaders and Saudi mercenaries for defense as long as the military offensive and blockade against Yemen goes on.

The US condemnation of Yemeni missile operations against the Saudi attackers is a clear example of Washington’s political and military supports for the aggressive Saudi-led military coalition, he added.

On Wednesday, the White House condemned missile attacks by Houthi forces on Saudi Arabia, saying they threatened the region’s security and undermined efforts to halt the conflict.

Saudi Arabia said its air defense forces intercepted a ballistic missile fired from Yemen over the capital Riyadh on Saturday. The rocket was brought down near King Khaled Airport on the northern outskirts of the capital.

Yemeni forces say the attack came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the Saudi-led military coalition.

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been launching deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to the fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

Since then, more than 14,000 people have been killed and millions have been forced from their homes as a result of the attacks, while the country is also facing severe famine and a deadly cholera outbreak.