TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – Saudi Arabia warplanes on Friday evening launched military strikes against Yemen’s Defense Ministry in the capital city of Sana’a.
The Arabic-language al-Masirah television network said that the Saudi warplanes have targeted Yemen’s Defense Ministry building two times.
After the attack, Saudi-led coalition warplanes hovered in Sana’a sky for hours.
Initial media reports said at least three civilians were injured in the attacks. Witnesses said the number of casualties may rise as injured are pulled from the rubble.
One of the strikes hit a residential area near the ministry, witnesses said.
The Saudi-led coalition warplanes pounded also the Yemen's largest port, al-Hodeidah and killed and injured 16 fisherman in al-Bawadi region.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than two and half years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Over 12,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.