TEHRAN (Press Shia) – Head of Yemen's Supreme Revolutionary Committee Mohammad Ali al-Houthi warned Riyadh about targeting the major Red Sea port of al-Hodeidah, west of Yemen, and vowed to revenge potential attacks.
Mohammad Ali al-Houthi said that if Saudi Arabia target Hodeidah port and its coastal areas, “we will make unprecedented steps” against the country, the Arabic-language Al Mayadeen TV network reported.
“We can target Saudi oil ships,” he added, noting that “The naval operation in Yemen coastal area will continue as usual peacefully and we will only target the aggressors.”
He said that the issue has been confirmed by Abdelmalek al-Houthi, leader of the Yemen's Houthi Ansarullah Movement.
The Saudi-led coalition warplanes attacked Hodeidah on Friday and killed and injured 16 fisherman in al-Bawadi region.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than two and half years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Over 12,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.