TEHRAN (Press Shia) – Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi dismissed claims that the country’s embassy in Sana’a has been attacked with a rocket shell and said no report on the attack has been submitted to the ministry.

“So far, no report has been submitted to us on the blaze on the Iranian embassy in Yemen,” Qassemi said on Monday.

He said currently, no Iranian diplomat is in Yemen, adding that although there have been some clashes near the Iranian embassy in Sana’a, no attack has been mounted against the building.

The spokesman further emphasized that shrapnel may have hit the embassy building but there has been no fire.

Earlier on Monday, the Saudi-owned al-Arabiya channel reported that the Iranian embassy in the Yemeni capital was attacked with a rocket shell which caused it to burn after clashes erupted between Houthi militia and former Yemeni president Ali Abdullah Saleh supporters from the Yemeni General People’s Congress party.