TEHRAN (Press Shia) – Yemen’s top figures lauded defeat of foreign-sponsored conspiracies against the country’s revolution and praised the role of all Yemeni tribes and the country’s General People's Congress in foiling the enemy plots.
Following several days of fierce street clashes between Ali Abdullah Saleh, the former Yemeni President’s militia and the Houthi Ansarullah Movement’s forces in the capital Sana’a, Head of Yemen's Supreme Political Council Saleh al-Samad said that security has been restored in all areas and provinces effected by the sedition, Lebanon's al-Mayadeen news channel reported.
“Conspiracy has been defeated and elements and leaders of coup d'état were killed,” the official noted in a reference to death of Abdullah Saleh in the clashes.
He thanked the role of all Yemeni tribes and the leaders of the country’s General People's Congress in defeating the enemies.
In the meantime, Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah Movement Spokesman Mohammad Abdul Salam said that the national movements realized the complicated plot hatched against the revolution and played a role in deterring it.
He highlighted the role of United Arab Emirates (UAE)’ in Saleh betrayal and noted that “We have no problem with our brothers in the General People’s Congress.”
“We have problem with the traitors that cooperate with the invading (Saudi-led) coalition,” the official said.
Also, Mohammad al-Bukhaiti, a top figure in the Political Council of Yemen's Houthi Ansarullah movement said to Press TV on Monday that Saleh “was not honest” in his confrontation with the Saudi-led military coalition as he was collaborating covertly with Riyadh.
The Houthi official described the death of Saleh on Monday as a landmark and major turning point in Yemen’s history since a “dangerous plot against the nation” had been foiled by Yemeni forces.
"Today Yemen is witnessing a historic phase, maybe one of the most historic phases… The most dangerous conspiracy against these people was toppled," he adde
"We also have the end of the era of Saleh which was the worst era in the history of Yemen. We have entered a new phase. I would add that we have filled the gaps inside the country," he noted.
Yemen’s Interior Ministry issued a statement on Monday, confirming the death of Saleh.
The ministry added that Yemeni forces, backed by fighters from the popular Ansarullah Houthi movement, were in full control of all positions previously held by Saleh’s militias in Sana’a.
Saudis have stepped up attacks on Yemen, in particular Sana’a following death of Saleh.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the Saudi-led coalition for the past three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Over 12,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.