TEHRAN, Dec. 17 (Press Shia) – Foreign Minister Zarif told Sputnik that Iran will file a complaint with the United Nations over the US Ambassador Nikki Haley’s missile-related claim against the Islamic Republic.
Iran will file a complaint with the United Nations over the allegation made by the US Ambassador Nikki Haley that a missile fired at Saudi Arabia from Yemen last month was supplied by the Islamic Republic, Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif told Sputnik in an email.
On December 14, Haley presented “concrete evidence” that Iran had supplied weapons, including ballistic missiles, to Yemenis, which would have been used against the coalition led by Saudi Arabia.
In her speech, the US diplomat referred to a new report by the UN Secretary General. However, according to the report, the UN chief has not yet reached definitive conclusions on the fired missile.
“While Iran has been calling for ceasefire, aid and dialogue in Yemen from day 1, US has sold weapons enabling its allies to kill civilians and impose famine,” said Zarif in a tweet on Friday. “No amount of alternative facts or alternative evidence covers up US complicity in war crimes.”
On Saturday, Zarif told reporters that “there is no questioning the fact that Haley’s claims weren’t supported by any evidence.”
“Such remarks are made with the intention of whitewashing Washington’s crimes in the region and the recognition of al-Quds as the capital of the Zionist regime,” he said, adding that Trump’s move has been considered as dangerous both inside the US and outside of it even by some pro-Israeli countries.