TEHRAN, Dec. 18 (Press Shia) – Iran’s Defense Minister Hatami said Mon. that the ministry’s technical department plans to file a complaint with UN over Haley’s missile-related claim and ask for a part of the missile for further inspection.
Defense Minister Brig. Gen. Amir Hatami said on Monday that the ministry is probing into the claim made by US Ambassador Nikki Haley that a missile fired at Saudi Arabia from Yemen last month was supplied by the Islamic Republic, saying that the technical department has lodged a request for making a complaint with the United Nations over Haley’s remarks in order to shed more light on the issue.
“The enemies of the Islamic Republic can make any claims they want, but following our complaint, we will also ask to obtain a part of the missile to Iran so that we can declare our final judgment on the issue after inspecting the missile,” he added.
“Without inspection and from afar we cannot respond to the US claim, therefore Iran will soon file a complaint with United Nations over this matter,” he concluded.
Foreign Minister Zarif had also confirmed Iran’s intention to file a complaint with the UN in an email to Sputnik.
On December 14, Haley presented “concrete evidence” that Iran had supplied weapons, including ballistic missiles, to Yemenis, which would have been used against the coalition led by Saudi Arabia.
In her speech, the US diplomat referred to a new report by the UN Secretary General. However, according to the report, the UN chief has not yet reached definitive conclusions on the fired missile.
On Saturday, Zarif told reporters that “there is no questioning the fact that Haley’s claims weren’t supported by any evidence.”