TEHRAN, Apr. 21 (Press Shia) – In an interview with American CBS TV Network, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif says the country is ready to restart its nuclear program if the Trump administration reinstates sanctions.
“We have put a number of options for ourselves, and those options are ready,” Zarif said in an interview with the CBS News on Saturday morning.
According to CBS News, Zarif’s comments expand those of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, who earlier this month said, “we will not be the first to violate the accord, but they should definitely know that they will regret it if they violate it.”
Asked how Iran would respond if the president walked away from the deal, Zarif said the country was prepared.
“Those options are ready to be implemented and we will make the necessary decision when we see fit,” said Zarif.
“Obviously the rest of the world cannot ask us to unilaterally and one-sidedly implement a deal that has already been broken,” he added later.
Foreign Minister Zarif arrived in New York on Thursday for a six-day visit to attend the UN Meeting on Peace-building and Sustaining Peace on April 24-25.