TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – At least 23 civilians were killed and injured after Saudi warplanes pounded several areas across Yemen on Saturday, a military official said.
In the capital Sana’a, four people were killed and 11 injured after the kingdom’s warplanes targeted a gas station belonging to a state-run oil company, the source said, according to Saba news agency.
In a separate development, the districts of Kotaf and Majz in the province of Sa’ada were hit by the Saudi strikes and six people lost their lives there.
In the southwestern province of Taiz, a civilian was killed and another injured in an air raid on Maqbanah district.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.