TEHRAN (Press Shia) – The secretary general of the Houthi Ansarullah movement said Yemeni forces will continue to defend the Arab country’s western coasts against aggressors, adding that the US is behind the recent infiltration attempts there.
"Thousands of infiltrations and operations by US-backed Saudi-led coalition troops have been foiled, and the Yemeni people have lived many triumphs," Abdul-Malik Badreddin al-Houthi said in a speech on Sunday, according to Saba news agency.
He added that Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates have paid billions of dollars to finance extremist groups in southern Yemeni provinces.
"The war on Yemen is a foreign military aggression," al-Houthi said. "Some mercenary leaders of the Saudi-led coalition have recently complained over the coalition acts, and become aware that the coalition forces are occupiers."
He added that the coalition troops have committed war crimes, including raping women and children in Hudaydah and Aden provinces, even in the holy month of Ramadan.
"Those who bet on the support of foreign forces will never reach their desired goals," he said.
"The decision of invading the Yemeni western coast has been taken and adopted by the United States of America," al-Houthi said.
Saudi mercenaries, backed by Saudi warplanes, launched a wide-scale operation against Yemeni forces in the country’s western coastline on Saturday but were pushed back after the army troops dealt a severe blow to them.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.