TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi strongly condemned an air strike by the Saudi-led coalition that hit a wedding party in Yemen’s northern province of Sa’ada, Killing and injuring dozens of innocent people, including children.

In a statement released on Wednesday, Qassemi offered his condolences to the bereaved families of the victims of the “brutal and inhumane” attack by the Saudi and Emirati fighter jets on the wedding party in Saada. 

“With their latest criminal act, the aggressors added a new page to the file of their war crimes,” he said, adding, “In this multi-year war against the Yemeni people, it has become completely clear that whenever the aggressors face defeat on the battlefields, they take their blind revenge on innocent Yemeni women and children by intensifying the air strikes.”

The airstrike by the Saudi-led coalition hit the wedding party in Ghafirah village of al-Thahir district in Sa'ada on Tuesday, killing at least 11 civilians and wounding 11 others, a local security official said.

He said most of the victims were women and children.

The Tuesday attack was the latest in a series of airstrikes that resulted in the deaths of civilians in Yemen.

On Monday, a coalition airstrike hit near a school in Zabid district in Yemen’s western Red Sea port city of Hudaydah province, killing three residents and injuring four others, according to official reports by both warring forces.

Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.