TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – Dozens of Saudi-paid mercenaries were killed and injured after Yemeni troops foiled their attack against Nehm district of the central Ma’rib province, a military source said.
Speaking to Saba news agency on condition of anonymity on Tuesday, the source added that two vehicles belonging to the mercenaries were also destroyed during the counterattack in Eidah area in Nehm.
Meanwhile, the army shelled the mercenaries' positions in al-Nahrain area in the same province, causing heavy losses on them, the official said.
The attacks against the Saudi-led forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by Riyadh.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured until then. The war and the accompanying blockade have also caused famine across Yemen.