TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – The forces of Yemen’s army and Popular Committees, in retaliatory attacks against the Saudi-led coalition, have managed to kill and injure 25 Saudi servicemen and 269 Riyadh-backed mercenaries in al-Durayhimi district in Hudaydah, local sources said.
The spokesman for Yemen’s National Salvation Government, Abdul Salam Ali Jaber, condemned recent attacks by the Saudi-led coalition against health centers and relief vehicles in Durayhimi as war crimes.
He added that the attacks have led to the destruction of two hospitals and several houses in the city and the martyrdom of dozens of women and children.
The spokesman also said the snipers of the Yemeni army and Popular Committees have managed to kill and injure 269 mercenaries and 25 Saudi military forces over the past 11 days.
The attacks against the Saudi-led forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by the Riyadh regime.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured until then. The war and the accompanying blockade have also caused famine across Yemen.