TEHRAN (Press Shia) – The Zionist regime of Israel launched a cyber attack on Iran on Monday, Iranian Minister of Communication and Information Technology Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi said, adding that the strike was futile.

In a message on his Twitter account, Azari Jahromi said the Zionist regime, with its dark record of using cyber weapons such as Stuxnet computer virus, launched a cyber attack on Iran on Monday to harm the country’s communication infrastructures.

“Thanks to the vigilance of (Iranian) technical teams, it (Israel) returned empty-handed,” the minster added.

Azari Jahromi also said that Iran will sue Israel for the cyber-attack via international circles.

In comments on Monday morning, his deputy, Hamid Fattahi, said all of the Israeli cyber strikes earlier in the day had been strongly warded off, saying more details of the incident will be made public in coming days.