TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – Spokesman for Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah Movement Mohammad Abdul-Salam condemned recent “savage attacks” by the Saudi-led coalition on the Arabian Peninsula country and said the aggressors are destroying the port city of Hudaydah.

In remarks released on Friday night, Abdul-Salam said the aggressors’ attempts to destroy the infrastructure of Hudaydah prove that the Saudi regime has not learned a lesson from the scandal surrounding the killing of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

He further warned that the Saudi and Emirati fighter jets are destroying the port city and the country. 

The remarks came as the UNICEF has warned that the Saudi-led coalition’s attacks on Hudaydah could have catastrophic consequences for civilians, especially malnourished children in urgent need of care.

Heavy bombings and gunfire have already impeded access to Al Thawra hospital, a medical facility that provides much-needed care to children caught up in the fighting, the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) said in a recent press release.

It called on all groups to cease hostilities and respect their obligations under international law. The statement comes as the Saudi-led coalition has intensified airstrikes on the region, according to local media.

 Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured until then. The war and the accompanying blockade have also caused famine across Yemen.