TEHRAN (Press Shia) – Yemeni Houthi Ansarullah forces launched a counter-offensive in the northern province of Al-Jawf on Tuesday, targeting the areas recently captured by the Saudi-backed forces.

– World news –

A video released by Yemeni War Media shows Ansarullah forces storming the positions of Saudi-backed forces from several points in the province.

The Houthi forces said they were able to capture some areas from the Saudi coalition troops while also killing and wounding several members of the enemy forces.

The Saudi war on Yemen has so far killed thousands of civilians and destroyed the impoverished country’s infrastructure, exposing millions of people to starvation, lack of medicines and cholera outbreaks.

Some 8.4 million Yemenis are facing starvation as a result of the Saudi-led aggression, although the United Nations has warned that will probably rise to 14 million.

Three-quarters of impoverished Yemen’s population, or 22 million people, require aid.

More than 60,000 people have been killed in armed violence in Yemen since January 2016, the Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project (ACLED) research group said, with nearly half of those killings happening this year alone.