TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – Yemeni Armed Forces spokesman Brigadier General Yahya Saree said at least 150 Saudi-paid mercenaries were captured in Ma’rib after Yemeni troops launched an attack on their positions in the western province.

– World news –

"The attack targeted sites of the militias in a mountainous chain of Hailan, Attias and positions of Zaid al-Aqil and Al-Alam overlooking Ma'rib city, killing and wounding dozens of the militias, including leaders," Yahya said as cited by Saba news agency on Saturday.

The Yemeni military also destroyed a number of vehicles belonging to the militants, he added.

“The operation was carried in response to the coalition's provocative acts in Nehm front,” the spokesman said.

The attack against the Saudi-led forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by the Riyadh regime.

Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for nearly four years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured until then. The war and the accompanying blockade have also caused famine across Yemen.