TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – Yemeni troops and fighters from popular committees repelled a major attack by Saudi-backed militants in Hajjah, managing to kill and injure at least 120 of them in the northwestern province, a military official said.
At least 120 mercenaries were killed and injured during the counterattack in the district of Haradh in Hajjah on Monday, the official told Saba news agency.
He added that 18 vehicles belonging to the mercenaries were also destroyed in the attack.
In Bayda province, the army established control over a number of hilltops and areas in Qaifah after launching a major offensive against militants that lasted for hours, the report said.
In Jawf province, the Yemeni artillery pounded the mercenaries’ gatherings in al-Salan camp in al-Maslub district, inflicting major losses on them.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three-and-a-half years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
The UN recently brokered a ceasefire in Yemen but the Saudi-led coalition has continuously violated the ongoing lull.