TEHRAN (Press Shia) – The Yemeni army and Popular Committees, in retaliatory attacks against the Saudi-led coalition, managed to kill a number of Saudi-Emirati mercenaries in the northern province of al-Jawf and southwestern province of Taiz, local reports said.
Several Saudi mercenaries were killed in a strike operation mounted by the Yemeni army and Popular Committees in Jawf on Saturday, a military source said, according to the Arabic-language al-Masirah TV.
The source added that the Yemeni forces also attacked the positions of mercenaries in Khab and Shaghaf district of Jawf, inflicting casualties on them.
In another operation, the forces of the Arabian Peninsula country repelled an attack by the enemy forces aimed at infiltrating into Hayfan district in Taiz, the source said, adding that a number of the Saudi mercenaries were killed in the operation.
The attacks against the Saudi-led forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by the Riyadh regime.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than four years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Official UN figures say that more than 15,000 people have been killed in Yemen since the Saudi-led bombing campaign began.
The Saudi war has impacted over seven million children in Yemen who now face a serious threat of famine, according to UNICEF figures. Over 6,000 children have either been killed or sustained serious injuries since 2015, UN children’s agency said. The humanitarian situation in the country has also been exacerbated by outbreaks of cholera, polio, and measles.