TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – The deputy spokesman for Yemen’s army highlighted the Arabian Peninsula country’s achievements in producing military gears and warned that if Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates continue the aggression on Yemen, their sensitive sites will be targeted.
“If the UAE does not retreat, it will be targeted by the (Yemeni) attacks and will collapse completely and you know that the UAE’s economy depends on international trade,” Aziz Rashid said in an interview with The Press Shia Agency News Agency on Tuesday.
He further pointed to the domestically made military gears and said, “The ample equipment that we have to hit Saudi Arabia’s major and strategic oil facilities will change the Yemeni war equation.”
“If Saudi Arabia and other countries want to buy such weapons that we, the Yemenis, produce, they should pay billions of dollars…,” the Yemeni spokesman went on to say.
The remarks came as drones of the Yemeni army and Popular Committees, in a retaliatory attack against the Saudi-led coalition forces, targeted and hit a power plant and an airport in Saudi Arabia, according to the spokesman for the Yemeni armed forces.
Yahya Saree announced early on Tuesday that the power plant in Abha in southern Saudi Arabia was hit by a drone attack by the Yemeni army and Popular Committees, according to the Arabic-language Al Mayadeen TV.
The international airport in the city was also hit by a Yemeni drone, he said, adding that both the power plant and the airport have been targeted by a domestically made drone named “Qasef-K2”.
The spokesman further said the Yemeni unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) have hit the targets with high precision.
The attacks against the Saudi-led forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by the Riyadh regime.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than four years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Official UN figures say that more than 15,000 people have been killed in Yemen since the Saudi-led bombing campaign began.
The Saudi war has impacted over seven million children in Yemen who now face a serious threat of famine, according to UNICEF figures. Over 6,000 children have either been killed or sustained serious injuries since 2015, UN children’s agency said. The humanitarian situation in the country has also been exacerbated by outbreaks of cholera, polio, and measles.