TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – The spokesman for the Yemeni Armed Forces said fighter jets of the Saudi-led coalition pounded various areas of the Arabian Peninsula country 50 times in two days, according to local reports.
In remarks on Sunday night, Brigadier General Yahya Saree said over the previous 48 hours, the Saudi and Emirati fighter jets bombarded various areas of Yemen 50 times, the Arabic-language al-Masirah TV reported.
He added that the aggression of enemy fighters focused on the northwestern provinces of Saada and Hajjah, targeting citizens’ properties and farmlands.
Saree also said several attacks and infiltration operations by the Saudi aggressors against Yemen have failed on some fronts.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than four years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Official UN figures say that more than 15,000 people have been killed in Yemen since the Saudi-led bombing campaign began.
The Saudi war has impacted over seven million children in Yemen who now face a serious threat of famine, according to UNICEF figures. Over 6,000 children have either been killed or sustained serious injuries since 2015, UN children’s agency said. The humanitarian situation in the country has also been exacerbated by outbreaks of cholera, polio, and measles.