Ayatollah Mamdouhi said that the Islamic concept of “enjoining the good and forbidding the ‎wrong” is an example of democracy.‎

RNA – Speaking at the inauguration ceremony of the Educational and Scientific Guidance ‎Centre at Qom’s Qods Prayer Hall, Ayatollah Hasan Mamdouhi, a member of the Society of ‎Seminary Teachers of Qom, referred to the enemies’ propaganda attacks against the Islamic ‎society and beliefs and stated, “Today, there are more than 180,000 anti-Shi’ah and anti-‎religion bases working against Shi’ism and Islam. What have we done? We have to explain ‎this issue to the people. For this reason, the duty of the missionaries in this situation is ‎doubled.”‎

His Eminence said that the Islamic concept of “enjoining the good and forbidding the wrong” ‎is an example of democracy and said, “Democracy means the rule of a government of the ‎people over the people. Enjoining the good and forbidding the wrong means rule of a ‎government of the people over the people and the people themselves are lords of each ‎other but today some of the people consider enjoining the good as impeding freedom.”‎
‎ ‎
Ayatollah Mamdouhi noted, “Enjoining the good and forbidding the wrong is one of the most ‎progressive principles of Islamic society that must be institutionalized in society. In the ‎democracy that is advocated by jurists today, 51% can dominate over 49% of the people of ‎society and if 49% don’t accept the opinion of the other 51%, they should not be excluded ‎from the system of citizenship.”‎
‎ ‎
He added, “While Islam defines democracy through enjoining the good and forbidding the ‎wrong so that all people are sensitive and supervise one another. Enjoining the good and ‎forbidding the wrong isn’t reserved to the streets and the issue of hijab but rather it must ‎also exist in universities, hospitals, among physicians and all strata of society.”‎

Ayatollah Mamdouhi noted, “Sometimes people, due to their lack of knowledge regarding ‎enjoining the good and forbidding the wrong, consider it at against freedom while this is not ‎the case.”‎

‎“Enjoining the good and forbidding the wrong” are two important Islamic commandments ‎and make up two of the ten Furu’ al-Din (Ancillaries of the Faith) and is based on the ‎command of the Holy Quran: “There has to be a nation among you summoning to the good, ‎enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong. It is they who are the felicitous” ‎‎[3:104].‎

‎“Enjoining the good” means encouraging people to do what is good. Good is anything that ‎has been approved in shari’ah law.‎

‎“Forbidding the wrong” means forbidding evil by discouraging people from doing what is ‎wrong.‎

Rasa News Agency

‎112/977‎

Source by [Rasa News Agency]