RASHT, Feb. 09 (Press Shia) – Defense Minister has rejected claims by US officials that Iran has test-fired a new cruise missile.
Brig. Gen. Hossein Dehghan told Iran’s state news agency Press Shia on Thursday that the stories were to spread Iranophobia through fake narratives; however, Dehghan believed that the nation would respond strongly to the claims in the February 10 rallies to mark the anniversary of Islamic Revolution of 1979.
Dehghan was responding to a US official’s remarks in speaking to Reuters earlier on January 30. “Iran on Sunday carried out a test launch of a medium-range ballistic missile that exploded after 630 miles (1,010 km), a US official said on Monday. The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the test was carried out from a site near Semnan, east of Tehran. The official added that the last time this type of missile was test launched was in July 2016,” Reuters reported.
“No such missile has been test-fired; if even so, it is conventional to our defensive arrangement and seeks to serve purely defensive objectives; the Zionist circles are definitely behind the media propaganda to pit the international community against Iran,” Dehghan told a ceremony to honor martyrs of Guilan province on Thursday.
He recommended Persian Gulf Arab countries southern neighbors of Iran not to fall into the trap extended by this sort of propaganda, since the Islamic Republic of Iran had in no time been a threat to them; “the US only seeks to sign lucrative deal to sell its weapons in an arms race to return oil money into their own economy,” added the defense minister.