TEHRAN (Press Shia Agency) – Spokesman for Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement Mohammad Abdulsalam stressed all countries that are taking part in the aggression against people of Yemen – including the UK – must stop immediately.

– World news –

“The UK and others must remember, they are prolonging the aggression and imposing the siege on the Yemeni People. All those involved must stop their aggression first,” Abdulsalam wrote in a Twitter post on Monday.

Abdulsalam pointed out that Yemen is defending itself, and it is on the right path. Yemen is morally, nationally and humanly required to continue defending itself, until the aggression and the siege stop, he said.

This came in response to the British ambassador’s tweet, in which he called to stop the “attacks” on Ma’rib and Al-Jawf, after fighters of Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement resumed an offensive to take control of the city of Ma’rib, the last northern stronghold of Saudi-sponsored militiamen loyal to the former pro-Saudi president, Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi.

In a similar stance, Member of the Supreme Political Council, Mohammad Al-Houthi said that peace needs to be announced by the 4 countries leading the aggression against Yemen, namely the US, the UK, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE.

“They have to stop the aggression and lift the siege, the same way when they announced the aggression from the US,” Al-Houthi said in a tweet, adding, “The calls for peace by the countries who are leading the aggression, while continuing their aggression and blockade, are amid at creating some media excitement. It is done to play the role of the victim instead.”

When Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies launched the war on Yemen in March 2015, their objective was to bring Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh, back to power and crush Ansarullah. The goal of the deadly campaign has not materialized.

Houthi fighters have been of significant help to the Yemeni army in defending the country against the invaders, leaving the coalition forces bogged down in Yemen.

More than 110,000 Yemenis have been killed since the onset of war.

At least 80 percent of the 28-million-strong population is reliant on aid to survive in what the UN has called the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.

The war has destroyed or closed half of Yemen’s hospitals and clinics, leaving the people helpless particularly at a time when they are in desperate need of medical supplies to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

The former US administration, led by Donald Trump, designated the Houthi movement a “terrorist organization” on January 19, just one day before the inauguration of President Joe Biden.

The so-called designation drew much condemnation from rights groups.

Last week, Biden formally notified Congress that it would reverse Trump’s move against Houthis.