ASTANA, Mar. 14 (Press Shia) – The Syrian armed opposition is not going to participate in the third round of Astana talks on the Syrian settlement, the delegation’s representative told Sputnik Tuesday.

The Syrian armed opposition made a final decision to not participate in the third round of Astana talks on the Syrian settlement, the delegation’s representative, Osama Abu Zeid, told Sputnik Tuesday.

“After the consultations, we made a final decision against participation. This is our strong position. We will not participate [in the talks],” Abu Zeid said.

Earlier in the day, the Syria talks have officially kicked off in Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan.

SPUTNIK/Press Shia